A program to help feelings of sadness in 55+
- An evidence-based program for people 55+
- Aims to help detect depressive symptoms and reduce the severity of these symptoms
- Oneida County residents over age 55
- No fees to participate
Do you feel?
- Down or blue
- Prolonged sadness
- A loss or lack of interest
- Decreased energy
- Changes in sleep or appetite
- Feelings of worthlessness or helplessness
- Difficulty concentrating
To reach Chelsea Theriault, Healthy IDEAS Coordinator:
Copper City Community Connection
305 E. Locust St.
Rome, NY 13440
Funded by the Oneida County Office for Aging and the Western and Central NY Health Foundation
I have seen big changes with clients participating in the program including increased mobility.
With the knowledge I have now, I am better able to manage my health.
I understand how my activity affects my mood now. When I feel sad I go for a walk or go out to the grocery store and I just feel better.